On this page you will find the following:
1. THE PURPOSE OF THIS WEBSITE
This site was created to connect and re-connect with our fraternity brothers. Our next goal is to make this site a scrapbook of memories of the good ol' college days at Louisiana Tech. This site is private and not intended for the general public.
Tips for setting up a profile to gain access to the rest of our site is on this page. If you have questions, please use the Contact Us link.
2. PRIVACY NOTICE
All contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address) that you enter into this website will be kept confidential. The host of this web site, ClassCreator.com, is a locally-owned business. They understand the importance of your privacy. Your personal information will never be sold to other sites. It will not be shared or distributed.
Your contact information is private; your street address, e-mail address, and phone number cannot be seen by other brothers. Each alumnae has the ability to limit the visibility of his profile to only fellow alums by clicking on the appropriate answer in the Profile Visibility section during profile setup. If you do not opt for privacy on this line your profile can be viewed by non-members such as your friends or family, but also note your profile will be fully indexable by major search engines.
Finding your Profile pages by searching Google or other major search engines:
- If you are signed on to the site and restricted your profile to only fellow brothers, and then use a search engine to see if the privacy options above are working, it will appear they are NOT. This is only because you are signed into the site. Sign out and check again. You will see that none of your profile information is viewable by non-members.
Emails may be shared within this site using the contact option at the top of each brother's profile page (just look under the brother's main photo in the upper left). This way you will be able to contact other brothers without sharing your private email address, unless you choose to do so.
Email news to you via this web site: For those of you with spam blocking or email filtering capabilities, please add email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com to your email account as a safe sender in order to ensure you receive email communications from us.
Please note that if you do not want your name and picture on this site it may be removed by contacting the administrator (see link at bottom of home page). This will end all communications to you from tthis website.
3. SETTING UP YOUR PROFILE
In order to access the pages that are password protected on this site, you must set up a profile by providing a minimum of your email address, and a password.
To set up your profile: locate the "Brother Profiles" link and locate your name and click on it. Follow the prompts to create your profile.
Private information like your email address, home address, and phone numbers will not be visible to fellow alumni. We collect mailing addresses in the event that we need to contact you by snail mail or phone. Your information will never be given to other alumni without your permission.
We encourage you to add a current picture to your profile as a master photo. This photo will be displayed in various areas around the site. It's also helpful to upload an additional "Now" photo, and a "Then" photo. Alumni will enjoy seeing how you've changed!
If your name is not already on the site, but you were part of the Eta Zeta Chapter of Sigma Nu Fraternity 1961 - 2018, contact us and your name will be added.
Updates: If you change your email address, snail mail address, or phone number, please update your Contact Info so we have up to date information.
Choosing a password: Choose something simple that you are certain you will remember. Clicking the "Remember Me" will allow you to bypass entering the password each time you visit, but eventually the "remember me" will fail (for instance when you get a new computer). Please make note of your password!
If you forget your password simply click on "forgot password". If you have several email accounts, and you don't remember the one you used to set-up your account, contact the site admin, Chris Barr HZ 452, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This could take a while so please be patient.
4. "MISSING" BROTHERS
The website assembles a missing list for us, based solely on the names of brothers who don't have profiles; so until you have a profile, the site will consider you "missing".
Also, please note: We need your help to contact EVERY brother. If you have information about any brother, listed or not listed, please contact the site administrator using the Contact Us link.
5. COMMUNICATING WITH BROTHERS
To contact a fellow alumni, you may simply use the email option at the top left of each Brother's Profile page (located under Master Photo). This feature will allow open communication between Brothers, while protecting your personal information. If you wish to share your email address or other personal information within a message written on our site, the site will not block you from doing so.
6. ADDING PICTURES TO YOUR PROFILE
Adding current pictures is not a requirement to participate on the site, but it certainly is a nice way to get to know people again.
Filling in the photo slots at the top of your Profile:
- Click "Edit Profile" under MEMBER FUNCTIONS.
- Roll your cursor over the Master Photo, Then, Now, or Composite photo silhouette (note you cannot upload a composite photo if one has already been provided)
- Click "Select Photo" displayed in the upper right corner of photo, then click the "Upload a New Photo" button.
- Select the desired photo from your hard drive. You will then be given an opportunity to crop the photo for a perfect fit.
Adding large "Profile Gallery Images" to your Profile:
- Clicked "Edit Profile" under MEMBER FUNCTIONS.
- Click the photo tab in the upper right corner of your Profile.
- You will see any images previously uploaded here. Click the "Upload a New Photo" button to add more.
- Click to select images you wish to display on your Profile. All images with a green check mark will display. Click again to not display, and the green check mark will disappear.
- To add a caption under your images, roll over any image and select "Edit Details". Enter your caption and press save.
- You can adjust the display order of your photos by simply dragging and dropping them into the positions of your choosing.
7. SITE PAGES
If you're ever curious about any link on the site, just click on it! There isn't anything on our site that will wreck your computer. Relax! Enjoy!
Also, please feel free to add photos to the Photo Gallery but note that any offensive photos will be removed without notice.